WELCOME TO FTLPA
The Flying Tiger Line Pilots Association consists of pilots and employees, dedicated to preserving the legacy of a great airline and those who served in China and WW II.More
Reunion Registration is now open and hotel reservations can now be made for our San Antonio Reunion next year. Click on Next Reunion and Current Newsletter below more information.
- The containing rash of bad news continues with the passing of Leon Lowery who Flew West on September 1, 2019. See Flown West for more details.
- A tough month for Tigers, we also just learned that Capt. Jay Lehman flew west on August 27th after complications from a heart bypass operation in 2017. Jay will be added to the Flown West page and more details will be posted as they emerge.
- Fran Drew Whitesides passed away on August 24th at age 90. I am in communication with her son, Gary Whitesides, and he will let me know when a funeral date has been arranged. Fran leaves behind Gary, Linda and Wayne, all three children of her marriage to FTL Captain Wayne Whitesides.
- Capt. Ken Conrad passed away this past July 11th in Florida. His obituary can be found within his In Memoriam page in the Flown West section of our website.
- Former F/O Bob Wake passed away suddenly on August 11th while overseas on vacation and has been added to the Flown West page. The announcement from his daughter has been posted to Bob's In Memoriam page on our site.
The 46th Annual Reunion next year will be held at the Westin Riverwalk Hotel in San Antonio, TX from May 2nd to May 5th, 2020. Group hotel reservations and registration will be available this September.More
The 2019 Fall Newsletter is now available for viewing by clicking the button below.More